Society of Illustrators at 128 East 63rd Street, Lexington Avenue, New York, New York, NY 10065 Trip Reflection

 To summarize, my experience in the trip was great. especially in the Character Design workshop where we learned how to fold and make a zine (pronounced zeen) which is a small book consisting of 8 pages (including the cover), also we learned how to make character turn arounds which involves drawing a sort of target on which ever part of the face depending on the position of your character and then you draw the eyes and the rest of the face. 


This is what the Zines look like

This is what I meant by "character turnarounds" and "targets"



Anyways moving on from the Character Design I took a pic of some designs that really caught my interest (about 14 but i will only show 2 because why not)

The text is sort of unreadable because the original image was blurry. I tried using the unblur feature my phone had and its still quite unreadable. If you still cant read this, it says:
Medium: Ink crayon, handmade stamps, paper collage. digital
Imprint: Alfred A. Knopf
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Art Director/Designer: Nicole Gastonguay
Editors: Karen Smith, Gianna Lakenauth
Author: Ellen Mayer


This drawing caught my attention because it reminded me of the Amazon Delivery Boxes, (There is even one smiling in the illustration), I don't know why I didnt choose to sketch this one despite its easiness to replicate but anyways, I personally think this is supposed illustrate packages and other mail items flying out of a delivery van/truck/lorry/whatever else some parts of the world call it I even see some black arrow lines illustrating that one of the boxes was bouncing around. Thats all i have to say about this drawing.


Medium: Watercolor, colored pencil, digital

Imprint: Neal Porter Books

Publisher: Holiday House

Art Director/Designer: Jennifer Brown

Editor: Neal Porter

Author: Julie Downing


This is another drawing that caught my attention, in fact this is the only one i sketched to a certain degree despite the previous one I talked about being easier to replicate. This illustration perfectly captures the mood and setting of New York City during an evening commute, people are heading home from work on their vehicles or using public transit.

These next pictures are irrelevant to the assignment but I have included them regardless.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gestalt Principles on Grid

300ppi VS 72ppi Resolution